This policy applies to all IELTS examinations candidates whether individually registered or sponsored by an organisation.
Our refund policy for IELTS is as follows:
- If you want to cancel your IELTS registration, you must contact us at the latest five weeks before the date of your written test. You will then receive a refund of the test fee, less an administrative fee of 25%. You will need to provide the original receipt in order to obtain the refund
- If you want to transfer/change module of your test, you must contact us in writing five weeks before the date of your written test
- Candidates who elect to cancel their registration more than five weeks prior to the test date, will receive a 80% refund of their test fee
- If you notify us less than five weeks before the test date you will forfeit the whole test fees.
To cancel your registration or transfer your test date if you are less than five weeks before your test date, you must demonstrate that your ability to take the test has been affected by one of the following:
- serious illness e.g. hospital admission or serious injury (does not include minor illnesses such as a cold)
- loss of an immediate family member
- hardship / trauma, victim of crime, victim of a traffic accident.
Your test centre must receive your application for cancellation or transfer of registration within five working days of your written test date, along with evidence (including an official certified report) of the exceptional circumstances (original documents, not copies).
Remarking fee (Enquiry on Results):
We will offer you a full refund if the mark improves, but no refund if the mark remains the same.
- British Council refunds will only be paid by bank transfer or cheque. British Council will not issue any refunds unless customers provide their correct bank account details attached with the refund claim form.