Book your exam online and access our free preparation materials today.
When you book an IELTS test with the British Council, you also get included in your test fee:
- Exclusive, free access to our popular online preparation course 'Road to IELTS Last Minute course', which includes 100 interactive activities, 9 video tutorials and two IELTS Academic practice tests for each of the four skills
- Five extra Test Report Forms for free that we send free of charge to institutions you’re applying to (e.g. immigration offices, universities etc.)
Choose how to take your IELTS test and book online
You can take your test at one of our official test centres on paper or on a computer. All you need is a valid identification document and a bank card if you want to pay online.
|Tests we offer||Fee||Available test date|
|IELTS Academic - in centre (paper or computer)||RWF 272,130||Find a test date|
|IELTS General Training - in centre (paper or computer)||RWF 272,130||Find a test date|
|IELTS Academic for UKVI - in centre (paper or computer)||RWF 302,000||Find a test date|
|IELTS General Training for UKVI - in centre (paper or computer)||RWF 302,000||Find a test date|
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1) - in centre||RWF 204,000||Find a test date|
What you need to book:
- Make sure you have a form of valid national ID or Passport at hand, as you will need to upload a clear photocopy of it when you book your test. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place. (Rwanda nationals can use their ID or passport while non-Rwandans have to use only their national passports)
- Download and read our Information for Candidates (PDF 1MB) which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
- Pay for your test. You can pay for your test either through our online registration system or via bank transfer.
Bank Name: IM Bank Rwanda Limited
Account Name: British Council
Account number: 25034933001
Swift code: IMRWRWRW.
- In the Reference section of your payment please write: IELTS reference number and your full names.
- Once you have made the payment, please send us the payment receipt (original copy) , your confirmation email with the reference number and the copy of the same identification used during the registration at email@example.com
After you have booked your test:
You will receive emails confirming:
- the start time of your test and the venue address
- your Speaking Test date
- your access to the free online preparation courses: Road to IELTS Last Minute Version and IELTS WordReady.
More information about the test
Download and read our Information for Candidates to learn everything you need to know about the format, the different exam components and test results.