The British Council in Rwanda offers IELTS Academic, General Training and UK visas and immigration (UKVI) tests.
You can book your IELTS test with us online. When you book with us, you can be certain that you will be taking your test at an official IELTS test centre.
Tests we offer
|IELTS Academic and General Training - paper-based test||£185||Book now
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (Academic and General Training)||£200||Book now
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)||£150||Book now|
To book your test you will need to:
- Make sure you have a form of valid national ID or Passport at hand, as you will need to upload a clear photocopy of it when you book your test. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place. (Rwanda nationals can use their ID or passport while non-Rwandans have to use only their national passports)
- Download and read our Information for Candidates (PDF 1MB) which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
- Pay for your test. You can pay for your test either through our online registration system or via bank transfer.
Bank Name: IM Bank Rwanda Limited
Account Name: British Council
Account number: 25034933001
Swift code: IMRWRWRW.
- In the Reference section of your payment please write: IELTS reference number and your full names.
- Once you have made the payment, please send us the payment receipt (original copy) , your confirmation email with the reference number and the copy of the same identification used during the registration at email@example.com
Once your booking is complete, you will receive the following emails:
Once you have completed the booking process, you will receive a confirmation giving you the start time of your test and the venue address 5 days prior to your test date.
Your Speaking test may be scheduled on the same day as the other sections, or on a different day within a 7 day window before or after your main test day. The test centre will send you a confirmation for the Speaking Test date 5 days before the main test.
After booking your test, you will also receive an automatic email with your access codes to the free online course: Road to IELTS.
You will also receive your IELTS Reference Number to access the Test Taker Portal. Please make sure that you have included your email address correctly when you book your test.